Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Eye Update

Kansas' eye seems to be improving. I can't say whether it's due to the two weeks of hot compresses (we've been using mint tea bags, rather than the chamomile the web suggested. She seems to like those better, and they seem to be more effective. Perhaps the analgesic properties of the mint help calm the nerves and the cooling sensation helps?), or if it's the two whole days she was on her new supplement (we're trying out Missing Link Ultimate Joint formula, after seeing Missing Link products suggested on a few sites regarding holistic treatment of cysts. One user reported her dog's cyst "turned pink and fell off!" about two days after beginning use of this stuff. I'm still skeptical, since I can't see anything amazing about the product ingredients- flax seed, fiber and fillers, the usual vitamins and minerals...) but Saturday morning when I got up, the fur around her eye was smeared with blood and I thought "Oh, now you're really done it..." Only... nothing. The angry red bulge that had been protruding from the edge of her eyelid for weeks was gone. I can't say whether she rubbed it off in the night, or if it ruptured, or the compresses finally helped it drain... but it isn't there. I know that a lot of the swollen, irritated tissue deep under her eyelid had abated due to the compresses, but that bit on the edge... whether it was a blood blister, the actual cyst or the blocked duct, had still been there. Now, though, there's just a small black growth adjacent to the formerly affected area. Much more normal and definitely not bothering her.

The product doesn't contain nearly the amount of fish oil (Omega 3s and 6s) and glucosamine/chondroitin she's accustomed to getting, and I'd really like to acquire the "veterinary formula" of same that is only available via vet clinics that sell it (and only 2 nearby here do), to keep her on the dosage she's accustomed to, but, we'll see how it goes for now. What she's been on hasn't been working all that well, of late, anyway.

No comments: