Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Skin Tag Update

About 10 days into the aforementioned experiment, I kept meaning to attempt to moisten and loosen the dried seepage and scabbiness around the area. There was nothing wrong with it, this has just been the main driving factor in attempting to remove the skin tag- the oozing that was clumping together in Kansas' fur. I wanted everything back to clean and normal.

Since I had just finished using the warm tea bag compress on her eye (and it had cooled considerably, compared to last time) I thought I'd try that route again.

To my surprise, the scab loosened easily and came away with no problems.

To my horror, there was a pinky finger tip -sized hole where the skin tag had been.

Now, I'm all for the essential oils drying out or dissolving the skin tag tissue, and it's true there had been more of a scab and less of a skin tag (as far as I could tell) for several days. I just wasn't expecting the gaping hole.

I kept rationalizing how my chin "craters" when I pop the occasional really bad cystic acne pimple. Those holes are volcanic- and they also heal really quickly due to the abundant blood flow in that area.

It makes sense that the area under an inflated skin tag would be a hollow void...

I felt a little bad (and a little worried and panicked), sprayed it with some antiseptic liquid bandage pet spray, and wished I'd just left things alone, but, I still felt like it did need to be cleaned and, since it was moist, it would probably ooze and scab over again (and this time I would leave it alone...) and should heal up just fine. She didn't seem to mind and it doesn't seem to be bothering her. I can't find the hole at the moment, so it appears to be stuck shut (hairs glued together over it and everything). I'd intended to spray on the liquid bandage daily, but since I can't really target the exact area... we'll just leave it be and see what happens next.

I guess this means it worked.

No comments: