Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Skin Tag Experiment
We're now one week into my experimental treatment of Kansas' sebaceous adenoma. I ended up ordering the recommended oils I needed (in the brand I prefer) from Amazon (via another seller- and free shipping! I can re-stock all of my oils, one or two at a time, per paycheck thanks to this!), and they arrived within two days. Since I no longer live literally right around the corner from both a health food store and an H.E.B (both of which sell my brand of choice), this has proven to be the best route. I could have driven the 6 miles (an hour, round-trip) to Sprouts to purchase essential oils, but they only sell the Aura Cacia brand, and those oils are half the size (.5oz) of the NOW brand, for the same price (or more). Even with the 25% off sale Sprouts was having, it just didn't make enough sense to me. Pay the same, or more, for half as much, plus the gas and time to get there... no thanks.
Anyway, this is a progress report- of sorts. I can't really see what, if anything, is going on, because I kind of gummed things up before the oils arrived. I had been experimenting with using the warm compresses (mint tea bags) that I use on Kansas' eye on the adenoma as well, and, well, the heat and mint, of course, brought all of the blood to the surface and made a huge blood blister out of the thing. It's normal, and typical, and the articles mention that these things will get "juicy" during treatment, so I wasn't worried. I'd been trying to squeeze/drain a little bit every day, anyway. But after that episode I figured I'd best leave it alone. Thus, while it is no longer oozing daily, it has scabbed over. Not a bad thing, since the scab will help the oils stay in place. I need to work on washing it all off, so that I can see for real, but so far, no adverse effects, and it isn't getting worse. Fingers crossed it will finally "turn grey and fall off".
Meanwhile, after looking into the ingredients on many human "skin tag remedies", which seem to be a combination of tea tree, thuja (cedar leaf/white cedar) and the like, I'm going to be ordering a thuja oil soon, as well. $9 and free shipping, whereas the "remedies" are all $11-14 (or more!) for a .35-.5oz bottle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment