I wonder what it was about the Asian guy in the black pants and matching black windbreaker loitering in the parking lot the other morning that got to you? Can you read human minds? Were his thoughts vile and evil? Did he just smell "off"?
I agree the way he kept wandering about under the covered parking, staring at the wooded lot behind the property was peculiar. I didn't think he paid any mind to us, but you were not convinced.
It really creeped me out, the way you wouldn't take your eyes off him.
How even when we'd walked on by, you continued to turn completely around and stare behind us.
The manner in which you continued to crane your neck to seek him out, even after we'd rounded a corner and he was lost from sight.
Leo continued to move forward, but you, the way you turned and faced the complete opposite direction from the two of us, in order to continue to watch this "bad guy" seemed intent on dragging me back over to him.
There is no doubt in my mind that, had you not been leashed, you would have torn out after him, done who knows what to him.
You really freaked me out.
For a year we've lived here, walking among all ages, shapes, sizes and kinds of people.
You've never paid any of them any mind.
Come to think of it... you've NEVER reacted in this manner toward ANYONE we've encountered.
Leo used to, as an unsocialized puppy, scared of everything.
And, yes, a few months ago, during a cold snap, he was completely disturbed at the presence of a hooded, black male loitering on the bridge spanning the gully dividing a nearby roadway. He growled, made his nervous noises, and continued to turn and look over his shoulder as if to ensure we weren't being pursued.
It really freaks me out, as I have not ever experienced this behavior from you.
I know it means there really was some very real, very valid reason for you to act this way.
Part of the reason I desperately wanted you to cease, to just listen to me and allow us to keep moving forward and away from him is that your behavior, your concern, was really freaking me out.
Thank God he wasn't following us...
1 comment:
If you see him again and Kansas has the same reaction I think you should say something to the management company.
Post a Comment