Tuesday, January 10, 2017

THIRTEEN!

Can you believe it? This girl is THIRTEEN today! I am so proud of her. She has sure been through a lot in her long life. Celebrating was a bit bittersweet, as it was our first time celebrating her birthday without Jax. It felt wrong, somehow... to only have one of the pair to celebrate, and I hesitated to even share a post about her birthday on Facebook, since I knew my parents would see it and be reminded of his passing and be sad. That made me sad. It all made me sad.

But, she is still here, and, as far as we know, she is healthy. It's been a rough year, with physical ups and downs, but, at the moment, she's back to enjoying her full daily walk, seems to prefer the cold, humidity slows her down a lot. I've been keeping her inside more, or keeping her separate from Kal, rather than putting them outside together. She hasn't tolerated our last two car trips very well, because of him, and that worries me. She has seemed to be in a lot of pain, and shocky during those times. We're going to be moving again, soon, which is good, because she can't tolerate long trips or much more of this back-and-forth-to-Texas travel.




No comments: