Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Unexpected Veterinary Appointment

Kansas is going in today so someone can look at the growth/skin tag on her eyelid. She's had it for a couple of years, but it didn't seem to be bothering her. Lately, it's gotten bigger- on more than one occasion. It's right on the edge of her eyelid, but didn't seem to be touching her eye. Yesterday I noticed the eye was goopy and weeping when she got up. That continued all day, though the irritation definitely improved and the eye didn't seem to be bothering her. It's better today, but I made the appointment, anyway, because when I pulled back her eyelid to get a better look, I noticed a round, discolored spot about the size of the tip of my finger on the underside of the lid, as well. Yay. Not sure how they're gonna even remove that part... I was hoping just the visible bit could be cut off. This looks a lot more complicated. Plus it could be benign, or not... I'm not worried, I just want to know what can be done and done affordably. It's just time. What sucks is she's not even due for any annual vet care til January. If I thought it could wait til then...

No comments: