I Love You
You sit quietly out of my way while I prepare your food,
You wait politely -as instructed- while I set your bowl down,
You don't eat until I tell you to.
You can eat side-by-side with your brother, and each of you only eats his/her own food,
and not each others'.
You hush when I tell you to be quiet,
You back away from the door when asked,
You wait at the door when told, and don't go out unless you know it's allowed.
You go lie down or amuse yourself appropriately when I am busy.
You have no interest in the cabinets, countertops or garbage cans.
You lie still and quiet in the mornings and allow me to sleep in
if I don't stir after turning off the alarm.
You come when called.
You look askance at me for "permission" before doing pretty much anything.
Rather than:
milling about my ankles, yowling like banshees, tripping me as I walk down the hall carrying the food bowls;
climbing up onto the lip of the food buckets, standing on tiptoe to peer in at the food I'm trying to scoop up, nearly tipping the whole thing over and spilling it;
having to be crated so you only eat your own portion of food, and don't bully your siblings out of the way to gobble theirs when you finish first.
positioning yourself in my line of sight, staring at me, bullying me with bossy, noisy, demanding meows whenever I am in the kitchen, near a doorway or handling anything edible;
opening cabinet doors and sleeping in the clean dishes, licking my seasoned cookware, investigating the stovetop for stray crumbs, putting tooth holes in my ivy,
scavenging the kitchen floor for any crumbs, getting underfoot when I'm cooking, being repeatedly squirted with the spray bottle and told to "GET OUT!"
traversing from the floor, to the counters, the microwave- all in order to investigate the dust atop the refrigerator;
bending the blinds and turning the slats askew,
making a mad dash for any open door when I am trying to keep you INSIDE!
puking at will,
peeing and pooping in your crates instead of "holding it" the way animals are supposed to.
Animals are not supposed to want to soil their dens, and yet I seem to have the exceptions to the rule...
clawing repeatedly at crate doors when people are trying to go to bed or sleep a little later.
I am so glad you are not a cat!
2 comments:
Get rid of the cats and get yourself some more puppies! :)
I love this. :)
It made me smile so widely, and I needed it!!
You ARE such a good girl, Kansas.
Post a Comment