(guest post by my mom)
I was KIDDING when I wished to myself (in my head! do you read my mind?! what are you doing in my head?!) that you'd do away with our furry friend the other day.
I admit I have been annoyed at his/her tunneling up under the grass I planted, watered so faithfully and have tried so hard to keep alive in this heat. I mean... he/she really isn't hurting anything... the grass lives. Sure, it's annoying stepping on ground that sinks out from under you. Sure the new networks of tiny tunnels that appear every morning are frustrating, but it's also neat to experience a part of nature I'm not accustomed to.
Yeah, it was his/her mistake, tunneling into the backyard.
First it was just one side of the house.
Then it was the other.
Then I realized what was making those tiny holes in obscure places.
And then last week, it had to tunnel into the backyard.
I should have known that's what those three craters you put in MY GRASS! yesterday were.
Instead, I just hurriedly filled them in and wet them down, hoping to spare the delicate bit of green we had going.
And today, those same 3 craters in the same 3 places.
AND
"WHAT? NO! DROP IT! LEAVE IT! GODDAMNIT YOU SPIT THAT OUT!"
Which you did.
Thank you.
I am grateful.
When it matters most, you always come through with the things I've taught you.
However, did you have to kill it?
Honey, it was so tiny... and blind... and little... and... and...
I can't believe you did that.
2 comments:
Awww....Kansas. The poor thing didn't stand a chance against you, did it? However, now it can't dig up mommy's yard so I guess you did a service.
(Sidenote: tried to comment on Leo's new post but there were no comments available on that post.)
Yeah... for a reason.
Post a Comment